This overnight oats recipe is one of my favourite breakfast options.
Breakfast is always a difficult meal when you are trying to lose weight – You want something fast, but also something that is quick, easy and keeps you full.
Making overnight oats is a quick way to fulfill all the above requirements, and tastes amazing too!
- The 30g of protein helps keep you full, plus provides your body with what it needs to burn fat and not muscle when you are in a calorie deficit.
- The oats are a great source of complex carbohydrates, also providing 4g of fiber.
- The cashew butter provides healthy monounsaturated fats.
- The banana and blueberries also provide you with 2 of your 5-a-day.
Adding the optional 15g of whey protein that I mention in the video will provide you with 12 grams of extra protein and add just 59 calories to the recipe.
If your plan requires fewer calories, you can reduce the amount of oats in the recipe.
I mention in the video about using Flav Drops. These come from MyProtein.co.uk and are a great flavour enhancer for blander food products like greek yoghurt. You have to taste them to see what I mean, but I think they are amazing!
- 45g Oats
- 100g Banana
- 50g Frozen Bluenerries
- 200g Skyr Yoghurt
- 5g Cashew Butter
- 6 Flav Drops
- 200ml Water
- Optional 15g of whey protien
How to make:
- Weigh 45 grams of oats into your bowl.
- Add the Skyr.
- Chop and add the Banana and Blueberries.
- Spoon in the cashew butter.
- Add the flav drops.
- Pour in the water.
(If you are going to add the optional whey protein, mix it with the oats at the beginning.)
Serves: 1 person.